The 25th Senate District contains almost all of the Angeles National Forest and large amounts of county and privately owned natural open space. It is critical that our next Senator have a record of achievement when it comes to open space preservation.
Anthony’s record is impressive and unmatched with a long list of accomplishments:
- Recognized by the Sierra Club in 2009 with the Angeles Chapter Special Award for Public Policy.
- Testified before Congress in support of the Rim of the Valley Trail Corridor Bill authored by Congressman Adam Schiff.
- Key participant in two Wild Heritage Campaign trips to Washington to push for more Wilderness Protection in California.
- Former Vice Chair of the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy Advisory Committee.
- Supported the Preservation of Oakmont V in Glendale and voted at the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy to fund the purchase.
- Recognized for shepherding the preservation of Rubio Canyon in Altadena, saving 43 acres of open space.
- Spearheaded the Preservation of Annandale Canyon in Pasadena, saving 20 acres of open space.
- Helped to secure the State funding for the Preservation of Rockridge Terrace on the border of Montrose, La Crescenta and La Cañada Flintridge.
- Secured the State funding for Preservation of Hall Beckley Canyon in La Cañada Flintridge.
- Secured SMMC grant funding to expand trails in Cherry Canyon.
- Secured SMMC grant funding to rebuild the Flint Wash Bridge that reconnected the Pasadena trail system with La Cañada Flintridge.
- As Mayor, appointed and convened a Trails Protection Committee. La Cañada Flintridge is the only city to have adopted a Trails Protection Plan into the City’s General Plan.
- Under Anthony’s leadership, La Cañada Flintridge was the first city to support the Sierra Club’s alternative proposals for the Angeles National Forest.
- Immediately called for an investigation into the Station Fire effort for the purpose of improving response and better coordination of large-scale fires.
- Testified before a Congressional hearing on the Station Fire. Only legislator to do so.
- Reappointed and currently serving as the City of La Canada’s representative on the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy Advisory Committee.
- Board Member, Arroyos and Foothills Conservancy.